The Science and story of Matrixyl
If you want to know more about - The Science and story of Matrixyl
- Matrixyl is lab created micro collagen fragment. Studied and compared to retinol and vitamin C. Demonstrated equal/ or better, to smooth the look of visible wrinkles of the skin, without dryness or irritation on the skin. Does not demonstrate skin sensitivity or harshness. Gentle and effective on most skin types.
- Collagen is the most abundant protein of the skin. Absence of collagen may be principle cause of lines/ wrinkles. Helping to support the appearance of skin’s collagen, support collagen, bundle collagen all lead to smoother looking skin.
- About MATRIXYL™
- Is a pure penta-peptide molecule. PALmitoyl-LYS-THR-THR-LYS-SER (this peptide sequence mimics a fragment of procollagen type I)
- Stunning effects on wrinkled skin caused a stir at the 20th World Congress of Dermatology in Paris (Matrixyl® 1999). Where it was launched.
- Has been compared to Retinol and studied against Retinol - performs as strongly as Retinol to help reduce the look of visible signs of aging, and acts significantly on the appearance of skin thickness in the same way as Retinol. Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles by plumping and supporting the dermal matrix
- Studies Show Matrixyl Dramatically Improves the appearance of Wrinkles. Results of a six month French study presented at the 2002 World Congress of Dermatology revealed an amino-peptide complex known as Matrixyl® produced dramatic changes in the appearance of aging facial skin.
Visible Changes included:
• 68% decrease in the appearance of wrinkle depth
• 47% decrease in the appearance of wrinkle density
• 24% decrease in the appearance of wrinkle volume.